I spoiled tea light candles...;(

Since I bought some candle making materials about a month ago, I have tried to make good candles.
This soy wax candle is very subtle than I thought, so the result was not so good so far.
For example,
There was rough tops, the scent of it is too weak, and poor glass adhesion and so on.

I studied about those problems, and I build up some guide for my candles.
1. temperature : heat up to 185F and mix Fragrance(Essential oils) and stir 2 minutes. Cooling down to 110F then pour in to containers.
2. Fragrance : 10 drops of E.O. per 1 oz wax
3. Just don't move until it's hardened enough.

But, I made really small but big mistake today, and irreversible!

Temperature was good(I used thermometer), and smells good(16 oz wax and 160 drops).
And I just spilled the wax! ALL MESSED UP.

I arranged those empty tea light cups so well in a box(about 50 cups) so I couldn't clean the bottom because there were no space!

OMG...

Smell is so good, but the bottom of them are covered with wax.
I can't take that out of the cups.

I am so sad and frustrated.
I wasted about 30 cups just in a few seconds.

Today's learning,

Buy plastic container instead of aluminum ones.
Don't forget to put some paper towels under the cups.


Anyway, the aroma is good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment